Text: Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
Introduction: The ability to succeed in this life is often based on the decisions we take because decisions create seasons. Against the foregoing, we can then conclude that the bible is a book of decisions and not of destiny. For example, Judas and John had Jesus as the same mentor but Judas ended up in suicide while Peter was a great apostle. Success is not in the bloodline, Solomon and Absalom both had the same father in David but Absalom ended up in disaster (2 Sam 18:14). In this teaching, we will be looking at 5 keys to apprehend Godly success and power in life.
1. Honour to who honour is due: Your success is determined by whom you have chosen to honour. Jesus hung between two thieves and one chooses to honour Jesus Luke 40-42. You must honour your parents because it is the first decision the Holy Spirit took concerning your life and failure to honour your parents might cut short your destiny (Ex 20:12, Deu 5:16 and Eph 6:1-2). Honour your spiritual leaders Heb 13:17. Most importantly, we must honour God by paying our tithe and offering 1Sam 2:30, Prov 3:20 and Malachi 3:10.
2. Be a problem solver: Your rewards in life are determined by problems you solve for others. Problems are glorious introductions to rewards system. David solved a problem in Israel 1 Sam 17: 20-24 and Joseph solves a problem in Egypt Gen 41:16. The truth of the matter is that God does not bless people proportionate to His love but according to our productivity Deu 15:10.
3. Be willing to “walk away”: What you are willing to walk away from determines what God will bring to you. Adam and Eve will not walk away from the tree, they lost out on the garden of Eden Gen 3:17. Joseph walked away from Potiphar’s wife Gen 39:8. If you walk away from food, pray and fast, you will get life (Esther 4:14-16); and some issues in life will not give way except through fasting Mark 9:29; your land will be healed 2 Chro 7:14. You need to sow relentlessly, walking away from your own comfort to solve kingdom issues and God of heaven will visit you 1 Chro 21:24. You need to sow to the poor, you reap health Ps 41 and Isa 58:8; and when you sow up to the church, you reap wealth Mal 3:10.
4. Make it happen for others: What you make happen for others God will make happen for you. Elisha served Elijah and received double portion Luke 16:12 and Eph 6:8. 2 Kings 2:9-12
5. The just shall live by faith: The seasons of your life will change every time you decide to use faith Rom 1:17; this is because faith will produce good works James 2:19-25. The woman with the issue of blood had Jesus on her mind (not Jesus having her on his mind) Mark 5:27. The blind man had Jesus on his mind and not Jesus Luke 18:35-40. Faith will provoke heaven to act on your behalf Heb 11:6
Conclusion: What you need to succeed are all found in Zion and if you do not apprehend success it is because you failed to apply some Godly principles. Remember Jesus has said it, He will do it Num 23:19.
JESUS IS LORD